金曜日, 3月 14, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 165 pages 1115-1116

VOCABULARY:
buggy
medium
lane
motorway
have on 着る
output
owing to
previous

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It was sunny and a little cold today.
I didn't go to work, I have my paid holiday today.
I was tired so I slept until noon.
I went to the dentist.
I arrived yesterday from Hawaii.
I enjoyed my trip in Hawaii very much.
I went to a beautiful and I tried scuba diving.
My father and my sister also tried scuba diving, but my mother was just looking.
We rode buggy too.
Buggy is a kind of vehicle which is use for rough and muddy roads.
I rode a horse for the first time.
I bought chocolate, cookies and brownies for my co-workers.
I bought a pancake mix for my wife.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. MEDIUM ,LANE, MOTORWAY
The word "medium" means average or middle. For example, "The medium height for children of all ages has increased recently" and "On a three-lane motorway, one lane is for fast traffic, one is for slow, whilst the middle lane is for traffic going at a medium speed".
The medium size of notebook is 30 cm.
In Japan, cars run in the left lane of motorway.

2. HAVE ON
I had on my best suit, as it was a very special occasion.
I had on an aloha shirt in Hawaii.

3. OUTPUT, OWING TO
The factory's output shot up last year owing to the increased demand for its products.
The output of the machine stopped owing to the failure of the machine.

4. PREVIOUS
I remember seeing them both on a previous occasion, but I can't remember their names.
I bought an aloha shirt at the previous time when I went to Hawaii.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :