木曜日, 3月 06, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 165 on pages 1113-1114

VOCABULARY:
put out 消す
nod
childhood
drain
establish
produce
by post

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It snowed a little in the afternoon.
I ate many dished today.
My wife prepared a lot of food for our dinner this evening.
We ate mango ice cream for our dessert.
I will surf the internet after the lesson.
The white cat is getting bigger each day.

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. WHAT'S THE QUICKEST WAY TO PUT OUT A SMALL FIRE?
The quickest way to put out a small fire is to throw a bucket of water over it.

2. WHAT AM I DOING?
You're nodding your head.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. CHILDHOOD
Some people remember their childhood very clearly, others remember very little about it.
I don't remember my childhood so much.

2. DRAIN
Ditches were dug around the fields in order to drain the water from the land.
Rain water from the roof passes down the drain-pipes and into the drains below the house, which are connected to the town drains.
He had to drain the water from his house after the flood.
I have to clean the drain pipe every month.

3. ESTABLISH, PROCEDURE
We had to establish a new procedure for doing the job.
We need a special procedure in order to solve the issue.

4. BY POST
I decided to deliver the letter personally rather than send it by post.
I have to send the letter by post today.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :