木曜日, 3月 27, 2014

Callan Stage 11 (Old Edition) Lesson 166 Page 1126 - 1129

Vocabulary:

- MISSING
- AT ANY RATE  とにかく
- SHED 小屋
 > A shed is similar to a hut, except that we think of a shed as being in the garden or backyard of a house, used for storing things in, whilst a hut could be used for living in temporarily; hunters or mountain-climbers, for example, might build themselves a hut.
- BACKYARD
- HUNTER
- CONCERNING
- CONCLUDE
 > Concerning the latest research into the matter, it appears that we still have a long way to go before the case can be concluded.
- PUT ON
- PUT OFF (OR PUT OUT)
- SWITCH ON
- SWITCH OFF
- TURN ON
- TURN OFF (OR TURN OUT)
 > "Put on, switch on, turn on" etc. all mean basically the same thing, and can be used for the light, the radio, the TV, the gas etc., e.g. turn on the gas; switch off the radio etc. We can also use "put out" instead of "put off', and "turn out" instead of "turn off, but only for light and gas: not for radio or TV.
- MOUNT
- SOCIAL
 > seeking or enjoying the companionship of others; friendly
- BY ALL MEANS  ぜひ
- CONDUCT
- MANAGEMENT
- SOMEHOW
- TURN OVER
 > We turn an object over. We turn each page over when we read a book. And we turn over in bed from sleeping on one side of our body to sleeping on the other.

Sentence Structure:

1. He tried to his missing wallet.
2. At any rate, I have to finish my work althought I have a cold.
3. Concerning about my job, I need to know about the computer software.
4. When people eat too much and exercise too little, they soon put on weight.
5. I mounted my bicycle and went to my office.
6. I participated on social gathering yesterday; I enjoy talking.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :