水曜日, 3月 26, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 166 on pages 1125-1126

VOCABULARY:
COLUMN 石柱、縦の欄、コラム
PILLAR
VERTICAL
FUNDS
INSUFFICIENT
SEE THROUGH
GRANT  許可する

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It's raining today.
When I got up in the morning, it's already raining.
I wore a raincoat and rode a bicycle when I went to the office.
My wife cooked a lot for dinner and I'm so full now.
I will eat strawberries after this lesson.
I will also surf the internet in the evening before going to bed.
My brown cat ate dried fish.

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. COLUMN, PILLAR, VERTICAL
The word "column" has several uses. The pillars of a Greek or Roman temple are called columns. The vertical divisions of a printed page are called columns. And a vertical list of numbers is called a column of figures.
I put a picture on the column in the temple.
There is a sports column in the newspaper.
I referred the column of figures about computers.

2. FUNDS, INSUFFICIENT
The project could not go ahead, owing to insufficient funds.
The company needs a lot of funds in order to produce a new product.
He failed the examination because of insufficient practice.

3. SEE THROUGH
It was easy to see through his argument. He was clearly trying to hide the true facts of the case.
It's difficult to see through his feeling, because he rarely change his face.

4. GRANT
To her amazement, her demand for more financial aid was immediately granted.
His request for borrowing a car was granted.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :