月曜日, 2月 03, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 163 on pages 1093-1094

VOCABULARY:
STALE 淀んだ
OXYGEN 酸素
NOT ONLY ... BUT ALSO
GET AT  届く
AID

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It's raining a little today and not so cold.
Inside my room, it's 21 degrees Celsius and I'm using air condition now.
I ate uncut rolling sushi because it's Setsubun day.
We throw beans outside and inside.
Throwing beans outside means we throw beans at the devil for him to run away
Throwing beans inside means coming of good fortune.
We also eat beans the same number of our age.

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH STALE AIR IN THE CLASSROOM, AND HOW CAN ONE CURE IT ?
The problem with stale air in the classroom it lacks oxygen, which is needed for keeping the brain fresh and it can be cured by opening the windows or doors after each lesson.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. NOT ONLY ... BUT ALSO
Not only had we lost our way, but we had also lost our compass.
Not only I fell into a hole, but I also fell my wallet.

2. GET AT
I was not able to get at the books on the top shelf.
I can't get at the coin under the shelf.

3. AID
A great deal of financial aid will be required if the experiment is to be continued.
He aided poor people.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :