火曜日, 2月 04, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 163 on pages 1094-1095 we continue ''VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES''

VOCABULARY:
BLANK
CAREER
DEPART
DEPARTURE
ELEMENTARY
FARE

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
After work, I went to the dentist.
Last week, the dentist got the model of my teeth and today I got an explanation about it.
I want to arrange my upper front teeth.
The dentist inserted rubbers of both end of my upper teeth.
It doesn't hurt me, but I feel really strange.
It's the preparation for arranging the teeth.
Next week, the dentist will remove it and he will replace it with metal strip wire.
I will be wearing it for 6 months to 1 year.
On Valentines Day, I mainly receive chocolates from my wife.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. BLANK
The student sat for quite some time with a blank expression on his face, looking at the blank sheet of exam paper lying before him on his desk.
Children can draw anything on the blank paper.

2. CAREER
He felt he would not be suited to a career in politics, so he went into medicine instead.
His career is a computer engineer in a software company.

3. DEPART - DEPARTURE
We can see what time the trains depart from the departure board at the railway station.
He will depart his house at 7 a.m.
I wish your departure is good and safe.

4. ELEMENTARY
We can't allow him to play. He doesn't even understand the elementary rules of the game.
There are many children in the elementary school.
She gave me an elementary lesson.

5. FARE
Having spent every penny I had with me, I realised too late that I hadn't any money for my bus fare home.
The train fare from nearby station to Osaka is about 1000 yen.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :