月曜日, 2月 17, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 164 on pages 1106-1107

VOCABULARY:
HANDY
COME DOWN
SALES
INCOME
EARNINGS
MATURE
OUTLINE
DAWN

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
I went to work and worked for 8 hours.
I went to the hair salon yesterday for my haircut.
I just stayed at home last Saturday because my wife has a cold.
She's now well and she's working now.
I will reserve for our optional tour for our trip in Hawaii next month.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. HANDY
I'll keep this piece of wire. It might come in handy for repairing things.
I always like to keep an extra pen handy, in case I lose the one I am using.
I always have a small handy knife in my bag.

2. COME DOWN, SALES
The price of goods in the shops can sometimes come down quite considerably during the sales.
The profit of the company come down recently.
She waits to buy new clothes until next sales.

3. INCOME, EARNINGS
Income tax is the government tax that people pay on their weekly, monthly or yearly earnings.
The firm's income increased greatly last year.
I get the income of shares every year.
The earnings of his job is small.

4. MATURE
Some cheeses go soft when they mature.
The young man was surprisingly mature for his age.
The apples become delicious when they mature.
He isn't mature even though he is 20 years old.

5. OUTLINE, DAWN
We could just see the outline of a house in the distance.
The officer outlined the plan of attack for dawn the next day.
He gave me the outline of the accident.
I got up before the dawn in this morning.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :