木曜日, 2月 06, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 163 on pages 1096-1097

VOCABULARY:
NEEDLESS
OBLIGE
IF ONLY
DISHONEST
PHASE
RACKET ラケット、騒動
GANG
GANGSTER
TWENTIES
THIRTIES

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It was cloudy and it's very cold.
I went to work and worked for 8 hours today.
I arrived home 15 minutes ago.
The first thing I did was I checked my cats.
I have to feed them after the lesson.
I'm a bit hungry now.
I will watch a recorded TV comedy program after dinner.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. NEEDLESS
Needless to say I accepted the job at once.
It's a needless work for him.

2. OBLIGE
I would like to oblige you, but I'm afraid I haven't got what you want.
We were obliged to wait for quite some time.
I was obliged to visit my customer.

3. IF ONLY, DISHONEST
If only we had known how dishonest he was, we would never have employed him.
If only I had read the book, I could avoid the mistake.
He is so dishonest that nobody believe him.

4. PHASE
We are now in the final phase of the Callan Method.
He is in the first phase of the chemical experiment.

5. RACKET, GANG, GANGSTER, TWENTIES, THIRTIES
The gang of youths made such a racket in the street that eventually the police had to be called.
The gangs who ride motor bike make a racket in the midnight.
Tennis rackets are very much lighter in weight these days than they were in the old days.
I sometimes cut the strings of my tennis racket.
Most of the rackets in America in the twenties and thirties were controlled by gangsters.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :