水曜日, 2月 05, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 163 on pages 1095-1096

VOCABULARY:
FEE
GENUINE
HANDSOME
IMAGE
MARGIN
CALL IN

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It snowed a little today in the afternoon.
I don't like snow.
When I was a kid, I played with snow with my friends.
We made snow balls and snowman.
We threw snow balls with one another.
I went to a Chinese restaurant with my wife for our dinner.
I will surf the internet after the lesson.

VOCABULARY WITH EXAMPLES:
1. FEE
The word fee is generally used to describe the payment we make to a doctor, a private teacher or a lawyer.
I paid expensive fee when I asked my lawyer to solve the case.

2. GENUINE
The tie seemed to be made of genuine silk, but it was not easy to tell.
A genuine vintage wine is very expensive.

3. HANDSOME
"Handsome" we generally use to describe a man, whilst "beautiful" we use for a woman.
He is a handsome man.

4. IMAGE
The boy looked the exact image of his father; even his smile was the same.
He had a strong image about earthquake after the disaster.

5. MARGIN
Various remarks on the composition had been written in the margin of the page.
We walked all round the margin of the lake.
Students usually write something in the margin of the text on a page.

6. CALL IN
Shall we call in to see Mary on our way home?
I called in the dentist to make an appointment.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :