土曜日, 3月 09, 2013

Callan Stage 6 Lesson 92 on pages 549-550 we continue ''EXERCISE 39, item # 9-13'' and in ''GRAMMAR QUESTIONS, item # 1''

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARIES:
-plum 

SENTENCE STRUCTURE:
-Today is my holiday.
-I went shopping together with my wife.
-We bought some foods and groceries.
-It's sunny today and it's getting warm in Japan as well.
-We saw a plum or ume tree in the park.
-After the lesson, we will have an early dinner then we will go to the cinema to watch a movie.
-We are going to watch the movie ''Argo''.
-It's an action movie and the main character is Ben Affleck. 

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS IN EXERCISE 39:
9.) What is the difference between the words "travel" and "journey"?
-The difference between the words "travel" and "journey" is that words "travel" and "journey" have more-or less the same meaning, but we generally use "travel" as a verb and "journey" as a noun.

10.) What is the difference between the words "remember" and "remind"? - and give an example of each.
-The difference between the words "remember" and "remind" is that "I remember something without help", whereas "If I forget something, somebody reminds me of it." In other words, they remember for me.
-I remember my breakfast that I ate today.
-I remind you the day of the examination.

11.) What is the difference between the words " to" and "at"? - and give an example of each.
-The difference between the words "to" and "at" is that we generally use "to" when we are moving in the direction of something, or somewhere, and "at" when we are there.
-I go to the station.
-I'm at the station.

12.) What is the difference between the words "soon" and "at once"?
-The difference between the words "soon" and "at once" is that "soon" means "in a short time", whilst "at once" means immediately.
-I'll be back soon.
-I'll be back at once.

13.) What is the difference between these two sentences? - "I am going to London" and "I am going towards London"?
-The difference between these two sentences: "I am going to London" and "I am going towards London" is that the first sentence means that I have the intention of arriving in London, whilst the second sentence means I have the intention of going somewhere between here and London, but not necessarily to London. 

GRAMMAR QUESTIONS:
Q: 1) WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "STILL" AND "YET"?
A: The difference between ''still'' and ''yet'' is that "still" we use for something that is in progress at the moment, whilst we use "yet" for something that has not begun. "Still" we generally use in positive sentences, whilst "yet" we generally use in interrogative and negative sentences.
-It's still winter, but today is warm.
-Spring doesn't come yet.
レッスンで利用した教材Callan Stage 6
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数549-550

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :