土曜日, 3月 23, 2013

Callan Stage 7 Lesson 95 on pages 580-582

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARIES:
-on、onとuponは同じ意味、onのほうがmore common
-upon
-whole
-on the whole = all in one
-Possessive case for shops、'sをつけてshopは省略する。sで終わる店名なら'だけつける。
-account for
-spend

GRAMMAR:
*As it is sometimes easy to confuse the difference in pronunciation between the words "all" and "whole" in a dictation, it is well to remember that the word "all" is followed by the Definite Article, whilst the word "whole" is preceded by it. For example, we say "all the chicken" but "the whole chicken".
*In the sentence "I bought my suit from Simpson's", we understand that "Simpson" is the name of a shop. It is not necessary to use the word "shop" in such sentences: it is enough just to put an apostrophe and an "s" after the name of the shop.

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
-I went to the park this morning to clean.
-Me and my co-workers are volunteers to clean the park.
-We stayed there for an hour only.
-There's no difference between the words "on" and "upon" except that the word "on" is much more common.
-No, I couldn't eat a whole chicken.
-No, I couldn't eat a whole cake.
-No, I wouldn't say that, on the whole, life was better today than it was in the past.
-We can avoid making mistake in a dictation by remembering that "all" is followed by the Definite Article, whilst the word "whole" is preceded by it.
-all the cake.
-the whole cake.
-I bought my shoes from ABC's.
-I got my watch from Loft's.
-The verb "to account for" means "to explain the reason for".
-We account for the fact that it's light during the day whilst it's dark during the night by the fact that the earth moves round the sun and turns round and round as it does so. For about half the 24 hours, one side of the earth is facing the sun, whilst, for the next half, it is away from the sun. 
レッスンで利用した教材Callan Stage 7
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数580-582

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :