水曜日, 7月 10, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 8 Lesson 124 on pages 678-681

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
-humour
-dress
-master 
-masterpiece
-so 
-so that 
-so as to 
-and so on
-so many 
-so far 
-so far as l know 

GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
"So" - and its many uses
*There are many expressions in English that contain the word "so". Here are some examples:
1.) "They were very cheap, (and) so I bought two of them".
Here, the word "so" means "therefore" or "consequently".
2.) "You should read it again, so that you can remember it well".
Here, the expression "so that" means "in order that".
3.) "Come early, so as to get a good seat".
Here, the expression "so as to" means "in order to".
4.) "Everybody was at the party - Sam, Louise, Richard and so on".
Here, the expression "and so on" means "etc".
*Here are some more uses of "so":
5.) "I never realized there were so many people living in that house".
Here, the expression "so many" means "such a large number of".
(For uncountable nouns, we use "so much", meaning "such a large quantity of".)
6.) "I have not made any mistakes so far". 
Here. the expression "so far" means "till now".
7.) "So far as I know, they left yesterday".
Here, the expression "so far as I know" means "as regards my knowledge of the situation". 

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
-I don't have enough time to eat my dinner so I just ate some snacks like a biscuits
-I will eat something after the lesson. 
-Yes, I think a sense of humour is one of the most important parts of a person's character. 
-Yes, people wear formal dress when they go to a wedding. 
-When discussing painting, by the Old Masters we mean panters such as Rembrandt, Michelangelo etc. 
-Yes, I can name you one of Shakespeare's masterpieces - Hamlet (Macbeth, Othello, King Lear etc.) 
-I think it'd take me about 5 years to master another foreign language. 
-I had no money for the bus, so I had to walk home. 
-I'll show you where the key is kept so that you don't have to ask me next time. 
-We wore very light clothes so as not to suffer from the heat. 
-I went to the supermarket and bought some milk, cheese, bread and so on. 
-I never knew he had so much money. 
-I haven't had an accident in my car so far. 
-So far as I know, the problem has been solved. 
レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 8
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数678-681

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :