金曜日, 9月 06, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 136 on pages 757-758

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
  • deceive 
  • complain 
  • complaint
  • either side
  • faint 
  • excitement 
  • fear 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
    "What" and "which"
    We generally use "which" when we are considering a limited number of alternatives, whereas we use "what" in a more unlimited sense. For example, we say "What's your phone number?" because there is an almost unlimited number of possibilities. However, if we have a piece of paper with some phone numbers written on it, we say "Which of these is your phone number?' because there is a limited number of possibilities. 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • I will go to salon on Sunday to have my hair cut.
  • I usually go to the same salon.
  • I'm satisfied with their service there.
  • Yes, if an art dealer sold you a painting and then I realized that I'd been deceived about the value of the painting, I'd go back to the dealer and complain.
  • Yes, I'd get complaints from my neighbours if I turned up my TV very loud.
  • No, I've never made an official complaint.
  • The difference between the words "what" and "which" is that we generally use "which" when we are considering a limited number of alternatives, whereas we use "what" in a more unlimited sense.
  • What food do you like?
  • Which food do you like, Japanese or Chinese?
  • レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 9
    レッスンで利用した教材のページ数757-758

    ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :