木曜日, 9月 12, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 138 on pages 769-771

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
  • case 
  • barrister
  • (just) in case 
  • risk 
  • run a risk
  • excuse (v) /ik'skju:z/
  • excuse (n) /ik'skju:s/
  • waist 
  • waistcoat 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
    1. The expression "in case", or "just in case", means in preparation for the possibility that .... For example. if we say "Here is my phone number in case you need to call me". we mean in preparation for the possibility that you need to call me'. If you need to call, you will already be prepared because you will have my number.
    2. The expression "just in case' can be used at the end of a sentence if it is obvious what we mean. For example, "Here's my mobile number, just in case" obviously means "Here's my mobile number in case you need to call me".
    3. Do not confuse the expression "in case" with the expression "in case of". We use "in case of" with the meaning of "if and when something happens". For example, "In case of fire, leave the building immediately" means "If and when there is a fire, leave the building immediately. 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • I will take care of my cats after the lesson.
  • I'm going to brush their hairs and brush their teeth.
  • Yes, there is a toothpaste for cats.
  • We call the type of lawyer who fights cases in a law court a barrister.
  • The expression "in case", or "just in case", means ''in preparation for the possibility that ....''.
  • I prepared some medicines in case I had a cold.
  • I carry an umbrella in case it rains.
  • I knew there were enough food in the refrigerator but I bought some more, just in case.
  • In case of typhoon, you should close your windows at home.
  • The difference between "excuse" (y) and "excuse" (n) is that "excuse" is the verb, whilst "excuse" is the noun.
  • That part of the body is the waist.
  • A three-piece suit consists of trousers, a jacket and a waistcoat.
  • レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 9
    レッスンで利用した教材のページ数769-771

    ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :