金曜日, 9月 13, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 138 on pages 773-774

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語IDIOM 39:
*in a nutshell = briefly; in a few words
FOR EXAMPLE:
1. I won't give you a long, detailed explanation but, in a nutshell, I couldn't do the job.
2. To put it in a nutshell, the answer is "no". 

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • I have my 11 days holiday.
  • I will go to Italy tomorrow together with my wife.
  • I bought a travel guide about Italy in the bookstore.
  • After the lesson, I will be busy packing my clothes and some things.
  • I will take my cats in the pet shop tomorrow.
  • For the meantime, the staff in the pet shop will take care of them.
  • If there are things that we need to buy for our trip I will buy it tomorrow morning.
  • Our flight is 11:40 p.m. going to Dubai because we can't go directly to Italy from Japan.
  • The idiom "in a nutshell" means briefly; in a few words.
  • What I want to say is, in a nutshell, be quiet.
  • No, even though I'm at this stage of my English studies, don't think I'd be able to travel abroad confident of making myself understood in the language. 

    DICTATION 93:
    As a rule, I do not waste a lot of time worrying about unimportant details. 
  • Last night, there was a terrible storm and the surface of the sea looked like a mass of hills and valleys. 
  • There has been a wonderful improvement in his health and he is now beginning to enjoy life again. 
  • Wisdom usually comes with experience. 
  • Although he objected, he was still defeated. 
  • I do not mind you smoking while I am eating. 
  • We switched on the light and found that all the Christmas gifts had been stolen from under the tree.
  • レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 9
    レッスンで利用した教材のページ数773-774

    ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :