月曜日, 10月 07, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 140 on pages 786-787

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
  • over
  • basement
  • bargain
  • caution
  • cautiously 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
    "Some" in questions
  • We sometimes use the words "some", 'somebody" and "something' in questions instead of the usual "any', "anybody" and "anything". We generally do this when we expect a positive answer, and especially when we offer something to somebody. For example, "Would you like some more tea?"; "Is there somebody here you're looking for?"; "Would you like me to buy you something nice for Christmas?" etc.
    MORE EXAMPLES:
    1. "Would you like some wine with your meal?"
    2. "Did somebody just ring the doorbell?"
    3. "Would you like something nice for dinner?" 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • I went to Tokyo for my one week business trip.
  • I was so tired so I just stayed at home last weekend.
  • We use ''some'', "somebody" and "something" in questions instead of the usual "any", "anybody" and "anything" when we expect a positive answer, and especially when we offer something to somebody.
  • Would you like to drink some more coffee?
  • Did somebody call me?
  • Do you want to eat something delicious for lunch?
  • If you say that your brother is over two metres tall, you mean that he is more than two metres tall.
  • No, the building where I live doesn't have a basement.
  • Yes, it's possible to find some really good bargains in the sales.
  • Yes, when I go to a market, I bargain over the prices.
  • People have to act very cautiously in dangerous situations.
  • The police caution me about bad driving before they take away my licence is for about three or five times.

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :