月曜日, 10月 28, 2013

NEW Callan Stage 9 , lesson 144&145, page 815-816

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語
Sentence Structures: 
  1. When we are trying to think of a word or a name that we know well, but we cannot remember it immediately, we say it's on the tip of our tongue.
  2. If I washed some delicate clothes in a washing machine at a high temperature, they would get damaged or become smaller..
  3. A paw is the foot of an animal which has claws, like that of a cat, a dog, a lion etc.
  4. Yes, if I noticed somebody struggling to get a pushchair onto a bus, I'd assist them.
  5. No, if someone called me on my mobile but I was otherwise engaged with something important, I wouldn't take the call.
  6. If I had to perform in a play, I'd like to perform the part of
  7. The idiom "get (hold of) the wrong end of the stick" means "understand something wrongly.
  8. Farmers sometimes plant seeds carefully in the ground in rows rather than just scatter them on the land to prevent birds from eating them, or the wind from blowing them away.
  9. Yes, I have a strong preference for any particular national cuisine.

Vocabulary words: 
  • cuisine
  • preference

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :