金曜日, 10月 18, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 142 on pages 797-798

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
  • charm
  • charming
  • musical
  • snake
  • snake charmer
  • instrument 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
    Strong and weak pronunciation forms
  • can
  • than
  • but
  • some
  • your
  • to
  • are
  • was
    1. In English, many common words have a ''strong'' pronunciation form and a "weak' pronunciation form. For example, the strong form of the word "can" is /kaen/. whereas the weak form is /kan/. With the weak form, the vowel in the word is usually the sound /a/, which is the most common sound in the English language.
    2. We use the weak pronunciation form of a word when we say the word normally in a sentence without any special stress. For example, we say "I /kan/ speak three languages".
    3. We use the strong pronunciation form when we say the word on its own, or when put we stress on the word for some reason. For example, if someone says "You cant speak three languages', we might reply emphatically and say "Yes, I /kaen/!" 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • It was sunny today, but cool.
  • We went to Indian restaurant together with my two Indian engineers.
  • I will go shopping with my wife after the lesson.
  • One of the Indian engineer wants to buy a Japanese traditional clothes like kimono and yukata, but he can't find a good and cheap kind of it.
  • I will try to look for it in the shopping mall and if I can find one so I will give it to him as a present.
  • We use the weak pronunciation form of a word in English when we say the word normally in a sentence without any special stress.
  • I can speak Japanese.
  • This is your desk.
  • I have some cars.
  • We use the strong pronunciation form of a word when we say the word on its own, or when we put stress on the word for some reason.
  • I like pineapple, but my wife doesn't like it.
  • The most charming person I know is my wife.
  • A snake charmer is a person who charms a snake by playing a musical instrument.
  • No, I don't believe that there are people in the world who can put a magic charm on other people.

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :