金曜日, 10月 18, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 142 on pages 799-800

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:

  • latest
  • last
  • last but one 最後の一つ前
  • blackboard
  • whiteboard
  • chalk
  • eyebrow
  • eyelash
  • eyelid
  • lid
  • pan
  • favour
  • yacht
  • hinder 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
  • One important difference between latest" and "last" is that, if I say "John Browns latest book is excellent". it means John Browns newest book. However, if I say John Brown's last book was excellent". it probably means the book he wrote before his new one, or it means his final book ever, because he has now retired or died. 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • I'm very happy today because I went to the Chinese-Japanese restaurant together with co-workers to eat dinner in celebration for my birthday last month.
  • I couldn't find a cheap Japanese traditional dress.
  • Kimono is really expensive.
  • There is a kimono in summer season and we called it ''yukata'', but I couldn't find it too, in the shopping mall yesterday.
  • I bought Japanese sweet snacks instead.
  • We write on a blackboard with a piece of chalk.
  • We write on a whiteboard with a special pen.
  • It's an eyebrow.
  • Those are eyelashes.
  • It's an eyelid.
  • Water in a pan boils more quickly with the lid on.
  • Because, with the lid on, the steam and the heat are kept in.

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :