木曜日, 12月 05, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 153&154 page 871-873

DICTATION 106:: 
lt was clear that they were rivals for one could see that,beneath their politeness to each other, they suffered from a bitter jealousy and envy.
I was given my pint of beer in a thick glass, which felt as heavy as lead and had a large handle. 
The path turned at an angle of ninety degrees and passed between rows of flowers which gave off a strong scent. 

corrected words:
jealousy-beneath-rival-felt-rows 

Callan (Questions&Answers): 
  • QUESTION:What equipment would you need if you wanted to paint your bedroom a different colour?
    Answer:
    The equipment I'd need if I wanted to paint my bedroom a different colour would be brushes, paint, a ladder etc.

  • QUESTION:Can the motion of a car or boat make people, especially children, feel sick?
    Answer:
    Yes, the motion of a car or boat make people, especially children, feel sick.

  • QUESTION:What does someone mean if they say "I feel such a fool!"?
    Answer:
    If someone says "I feel such a fool!", they mean that they feel like an idiot because they have done something stupid

  • QUESTION:Have you ever been fooled by anyone?
    Answer:
    Yes, l've been fooled by someone.

  • QUESTION:Give me an example of "owing to", please.
    Answer:
    I work overtime owing to earn money. 
    VOCABULARY WORDS: 
    • equipment
    • motion
    • fool
    • owing to ~のために
    • spill - spilt - spilt.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :