木曜日, 12月 19, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 159 on pages 906-907

VOCABULARY:
ribbon
tie up
stuff = thing
hob コンロ
grill
oven
manifacture  製造する

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It's cloudy now, but in the morning it was raining.
It's very cold today.
I didn't bring my umbrella when I went to the office because it isn't a heavy rain.
I surfed the internet.
I will take a bath after the lesson.
I don't have work on Monday because it's a national holiday.
It's the emperor's birthday,
He's very old and he will turn 80 years old on Monday.

GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
The word "stuff" is similar in meaning to the word "thing". The difference is that "thing" is a countable noun, whereas "stuff" is an uncountable noun.
For example, instead of saying "What are all these things on the table?'. we could say "What is all this stuff on the table?".

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. What can we use a ribbon for?
We can use a ribbon for tying up presents, and a small girl might wear a ribbon in her hair.

2. What's the difference between the word "thing" and the word "stuff''?
The difference between the word "thing" and the word "stuff" is that "thing" is a countable noun, whereas "stuff" is an uncountable noun.

3. Give me an example of the word "stuff", please.
I have to buy a lot of stuff for my business trip.
There are much stuff in the shelf.

4. Have you got lots of stuff to do tomorrow?
Yes, I've got lots of stuff to do tomorrow.

5. What kind of stuff does your country manufacture?
My country manufactures TV monitors, cars, etc.

6. When you go to a restaurant, what type of stuff do you like to eat?
When I go to a restaurant, I like to eat curry rice.

7. What kind of stuff do you enjoy doing at the weekends?
At the weekends, I enjoy going to spa, reading books, shopping and playing with cats.

8. What do we call the three main parts of a cooker?
We call the three main parts of a cooker the hob, the grill and the oven.

9. And which part would you use to roast a chicken?
I'd use the oven to roast a chicken.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :