日曜日, 12月 08, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 154 page 877 start with "MUDDY"

VOCABULARY: 
•muddy  泥まみれ
•meanwhile  少しの間

QUESTIONS and ANSWERS Revision Exercise 70 (Lessons 144 - 145) 

1 Is it correct to say "The man lived in a near town"? 
Answer: 
---No, it isn't correct to say "The man lived in a near town"; we must say "The man lived in a nearby town". 

2 Are apples in season or out of season at the moment? 
Answer: 
---Apples are in season at the moment. 

3 When you go on holiday, do you prefer to let a travel agency deal with everything for you, or do you prefer to make all your arrangements yourself? 
Answer: 
---When I go on holiday, I prefer to let a travel agency deal with everything for me 

4 What was the title of the last book you read? 
Answer: 
--- The title of the last book I read was Roman History 

5 Would it cause enormous problems if all the traffic lights in this town suddenly stopped working? 
Answer: 
---

6 Do you make an effort to stay in touch with any of the people you used to go to school with? 
Answer: 
---Yes, I make an effort to stay in touch with some of the people I used to go to school with. 

7 When you were a child and your parents forbade you to do something, did you use to go ahead and do it just the same? 
Answer: 
---Yes, when I was a child and my parents forbade me to do something, I used to go ahead and do it just the same 

8 What do you think ought to happen when a student is caught cheating in an exam? 
Answer: 
---When a student is caught cheating in an exam, I think they should be sent out of the room etc. 

9 Does the sun rise over the horizon in the east or the west? 
Answer: 
---The sun rises over the horizon in the west 

10 When do we use the apostrophe "s" to communicate possession? 
Answer: 
---We generally use the apostrophe "s" to communicate possession for people or animals. 

11 Do you have a strong preference for any particular national cuisine? 
Answer: 
---Yes, I have a strong preference for a particular national cuisine. 

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :