水曜日, 12月 04, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 153 on pages 870-871

VOCABULARY:
  • left
  • spare
  • puncture 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • It was sunny and a bit warm today.
  • I arrived home two hours ago.
  • I will read a book after the lesson.
  • Sometimes, If I read a book I feel sleepy.
  • I read one book little by little. 

    CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
    1. About how many pages of this book are there left for us to study?
  • There are about 50 pages of this book left for us to study.
    2. What would I mean if I said "He can't spare the money to buy himself a new suit"?
  • If you said "He can't spare the money to buy himself a new suit'' you'd mean that he has some money, but needs to use it for other things and has none available to buy himself a new suit.
    3. What do you do in your spare time?
  • I surf the internet in my spare time.
    4. Why do we carry a spare wheel in a car?
  • We carry a spare wheel in a car so that, if we get a puncture, we can change the wheel immediately.
    5. What do we mean by a spare room in a house?
  • By a spare room in a house, we mean an extra room which we keep empty for guests.


    DICTATION 106:
  • Although it was freezing cold outside the hut, inside we were all sweating with the heat.
  • We found that we could grind the corn with reasonable ease between two stones and produce enough flour for several loaves of bread which, when they had been baked, we piled neatly one on top of the other. 

    MISSPELLED WORDS:
  • hut [hall]
  • grind [gride]
  • corn [cone]

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :