金曜日, 12月 13, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 155 on page 882-883

VOCABULARY:
steer
steering wheel
aside

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It was raining in the afternoon, it stopped now.
I was absent, I didn't go to work because I want to rest.
I read and surfed the internet.
I will read a book again after the lesson.
We have a year end party bonenkai in the company next week.
It will be for 3 hours.
I'm not excited for the bonenkai because some of my co-workers are smoking while drinking alcohol and I don't like the smell of the smoke.

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. What am I pretending to do?
You're pretending to steer a car.

2. And what do we call the thing I'm pretending to hold?
We call the thing I'm pretending to hold a steering wheel.

3. What does the word "aside" mean?
The word "aside" means "on one side" or "to one side".

4. Do you put money aside each month to save for any special purpose?
Yes, I put money aside each month to save for some special purpose.

5. During an evening out with friends, would you have to take somebody aside from the rest of the group if you wanted to speak to them in private?
Yes, during an evening out with friends, I'd have to take somebody aside from the rest of the group if I wanted to speak to them in private.

DICTATION 107:
If you begin to make too many enquiries, it could be rather risky and lead to trouble.
We managed to unscrew the lid of the box with the point of a knife, and, instead of the money we had expected to find inside, found only a heap of old documents.

MISSPELLED WORDS:
lid [lead]
box [backs]
expected [excped]

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :