金曜日, 1月 10, 2014

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 162 on page 933 we continue ''DICTATION 133'' and ''REVISION EXERCISE 74'', item # 1-9

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
I wasn't tired in working, but I'm tired because I walked from the office to home.
It takes 45 minutes.
I walk home once or twice a week.
I went to the McDonalds for my dinner because there's a new hamburger and I wanted to try it.
Yes, it tastes more delicious than usual hamburger.

DICTATION 133:
The little dog sat up and begged, so I took some snacks that I knew it was fond of and placed them in a saucer.

MISSPELLED WORDS:
begged [begbed]
saucer [soarcer]

REVISION EXERCISE 74:
1. Why is it that, in a thunderstorm, we first see the flash of lightning, and then, after a delay of a few seconds, hear the thunder?
In a thunderstorm, we first see the flash of lightning, and then, after a delay of a few seconds, hear the thunder because sound travels more slowly than light.

2. Do you always get a good signal on your phone?
No, I don't always get a good signal on my phone.

3. When does a camera need a flash to be able to produce a clear image?
A camera needs a flash to be able to produce a clear image when there isn't enough natural light, or when the lights inside a building aren't bright enough.

4. If you heard a crashing sound outside your house in the middle of the night, would you get up and go out to see what had happened?
Yes, if heard a crashing sound outside my house in the middle of the night, I'd get up and go out to see what had happened.

5. Do you manage to keep all the files on your computer carefully organized?
Yes, I manage to keep all the files on my computer carefully organized.

6. Which verb do we use to describe the feeling that somebody wishes they could undo an action that they've done?
We use the verb "regret" to describe the feeling that somebody wishes they could undo an action that they've done.

7. Why do some people buy big cars despite the fact that they consume enormous amounts of petrol?
Some people buy big cars despite the fact that they consume enormous amounts of petrol because it's useful for carrying huge, heavy baggage.

8. What does an audience do when applauding a singer or an actor on stage?
An audience claps and sometimes cheers when applauding a singer or an actor on stage.

9. If the staff in a shop were constantly rude to their customers, would it drive the customers away from the shop?
Yes, if the staff in a shop were constantly rude to their customers, it'd drive the customers away from the shop.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :