金曜日, 1月 24, 2014

Callan OLD Edition Stage 11 Lesson 162 on pages 1082

VOCABULARY:
HAND OUT (v) 配る
HANDOUT (n) チラシ
LEAFLET チラシ
IDENTIFY
IDENTITY
LABOUR 労働
SENTENCE (v)  宣告する

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
It was sunny and a bit warm today.
I went home by bicycle.
I'm not tired.
My wife is in Taiwan and she's going to stay for 3 days.
She's there with her co-workers for sight seeing.
Her company will pay most of the expenses.
I will go to library tomorrow to return the books that I borrowed.
If possible I will borrow other books.
I will take off the cats

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. DO YOU GET PEOPLE IN THIS CITY (TOWN, VILLAGE) HANDING OUT LEAFLETS IN THE STREET? AND DO YOU TAKE THE HANDOUTS AND READ THEM ?
Yes, we sometimes get in my city handing out leaflets in the street and I sometimes take the handouts and read them.

2. HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN THE STREET IF STOPPED BY THE POLICE?
I'm able to identify myself in the street if stopped by the police by showing some kind of document, identity card etc.

3. WHAT IS MEANT IN A COURT OF LAW WHEN A JUDGE SENTENCES A CRIMINAL TO SIX MONTHS' HARD LABOUR?
In a court of law when a judge sentences a criminal to six months' hard labour means hard, physical work.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :