火曜日, 1月 14, 2014

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 163 on page 940

VOCABULARY:
prompt すぐに
motor
suspicion 疑い
multiply  掛け算する

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
I didn't go to work today.
I just stayed at home, read some books, surf the internet and slept in the afternoon.
My wife didn't to go to work today, every Tuesday she goes to university to learn medical things.
I will eat dinner after the lesson.

CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. In an expensive restaurant, do you expect the service to be prompt?
Yes, in an expensive restaurant, I expect the service to be prompt.

2. Name a piece of kitchen equipment that has a motor inside?
A dish washing machine (or microwave oven etc.) has a motor inside.

3. Can the police in your country arrest a person just on suspicion?
No, the police in my country can't arrest a person just on suspicion.

4. Multiply 30 by 3, please.
30 multiplied by 3 equals 90.

DICTATION 114:
The opposing team came onto the field, and the crowd applauded and cheered.

Within minutes, there was more clapping as the ball hit the back of the net.

The film began to drag a little, and then, to my annoyance, the couple in front started chatting.

As the storm approaches us, the delay between the flash of lightning and the crack of thunder will become scarcely noticeable.

Please be very careful to wipe your shoes on the mat before entering the house.

The match has been postponed because the ground is far too muddy.

Fortunately, I have a spare raincoat which I can lend you for the trip.

After leaving the theatre, we signalled for a taxi to take us home.

MISSPELLED WORDS:
crowd [cloud]
noticeable [noticable]
lend [rend]

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :