火曜日, 1月 07, 2014

Callan Stage 10 New Edition Lesson 162 page 929

VOCABULARY:

-admission  許可
-gallery
-barber
-pole
-surgical 外科手術的な
-elastic 柔軟な

SENTENCE STRUCTURE:

-My New Year is very good and I spent my time with my family.
-I bake a rice cake on fire.

-Q:Do you think that admission to museums, art galleries etc. ought to be free and that the government should pay to maintain such places?
-A:No, I don't think that admission to museums, art galleries etc. ought to be free and that the government should pay to maintain such places.

-Q:What was the old sign for a barber's shop?
-A:The old sign for a barber's shop was a red and white striped pole which was hung outside.

-Q:What did the colour red represent, and why?
-A:The colour red represented blood, because in the old days the barber, apart from cutting hair, also used to perform small surgical operations.

-Q:What do we use elastic bands for?
-A:We use elastic bands for for wrapping round things like banknotes etc. in order to keep them together.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :