金曜日, 11月 15, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 149 on pages 843-844

VOCABULARY:
  • the lot 全部で
  • popcorn
  • represent
  • representative
  • symbolize
  • ceremony
  • shame
  • ashamed 

    GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
  • One meaning of the verb to represent" is "to symbolize. 
  • For example, we can say "The cross on the map represents my house". 
  • Another meaning ¡s "to act in the place of". 
  • For example, "The Queen was represented at the ceremony by her cousin".
  • Love is often represented in pictures by a red heart.
  • David was chosen to represent the workers at the management meeting. 

    SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • It was rainy in the morning and in the afternoon it was sunny.
  • Today is warmer than yesterday.
  • I ate banana and I ate much lunch so I didn't feel hungry.
  • I want to change my iphone to its new model.
  • New model of iphone is iphone5s.
  • My phone is iphone4s.
  • I'm making a blog for my cats.

  • If I went to the cinema and bought a ticket, some popcorn and a drink, I'd expect to pay 2,500 yen for the lot.
  • One meaning of the verb "to represent" ¡s 'to symbolize".
  • A red cross represents a hospital in a map.
  • Another meaning of the verb "to represent" is "to act in the place of".
  • He represented his company and delivered a speech.
  • The name of the representative for my town in the government of my country is Mr. Yamada.
  • If we say that someone is filled with shame we mean that they are filled with a strong feeling of embarrassment and regret for what they have done.
  • When people feel ashamed of what they've done they avoid eye contact, become red in the face, say they're sorry etc.

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :