月曜日, 11月 25, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 151 on page 859

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • Today it was raining.
  • It already stopped.
  • I made New Year's greetings cards.
  • I just made some designs about our travel in Italy.
  • I will print it and make 100 copies.
  • I will read a book after the lesson.
  • My wife is cooking now in the kitchen.
  • My cat isn't fine, he's still not active and he eats a little. 

    CALLAN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
    1. What does the word "drag" mean?
  • The word "drag" means to pull something heavy along the ground, often with some difficulty.
    2. Give me an example of the word "drag" used figuratively, please.
  • Don't drag me in such a problem.
    3. What would I mean if I said "The film was quite good, but it dragged a bit in the middle"?
  • If you said "The film was quite good, but it dragged a bit in the middle" you'd mean that it was a bit slow and boring in the middle. 

    DICTATION 104:
  • While the patient was unconscious, a special powder was applied to his wound.
  • We cannot call him a liar, as we have no means of checking the truth of his statement.
  • The actual salary for the job is based on a fixed scale which gives the employee an increase each year, with the exact amount being determined by the government.
  • I'm anxious about how idle that boy is becoming as he grows up.
  • When she woke up, she was forbidden to eat for twelve hours after leaving hospital, and was advised to remain at home for several days.
  • Poison is still often used to get rid of rats in buildings.
  • Pass me that pad of cotton wool, please. 

    MISSPELLED WORDS:
  • unconscious [unconcious]
  • truth [true]
  • with [we]
  • leaving [living]

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :