木曜日, 11月 21, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 10 Lesson 150 on page 852 we continue ''REVISION EXERCISE 68'', item # 10-17

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
  • Today was sunny, but not warm and not so cold.
  • I went to the pet clinic in the evening to have some check up for my cat.
  • My white cat is sick.
  • He don't go to toilet, he won't eat and he's not active.
  • He don't want to move.
  • The vet said that he might have a contagious disease.
  • He already caught a virus when he was a baby.
  • I hope he will be well.
  • They still do examination now and I will know the result tomorrow.
  • I ate dinner in a Chinese restaurant. 

    REVISION EXERCISE 68:
    10. In what kind of situations do people have to act very cautiously?
  • People have to act very cautiously in dangerous situations.
    11. What does the idiom "hard up" mean?
  • The idiom "hard up" means "with very little money".
    12. If you had to deliver a speech, would you carefully prepare notes beforehand or would you give it off the cuff?
  • If I had to deliver a speech, I'd carefully prepare notes beforehand.
    13. Can you always be relied on to do things that you have promised to do?
  • No, I can't always be relied on to do things that I've promised to do.
    14. What do we mean when we say that someone's fast asleep?
  • When we say that someone's fast asleep, we mean that they're completely asleep, and would be difficult to wake up.
    15. What can we say instead of "He had a holiday that lasted two weeks"?
  • Instead of "He had a holiday that lasted two weeks", we can say "He had a two-week holiday".
    16. Do people who become rich or famous overnight often have problems managing their new lifestyle?
  • Yes, people who become rich or famous overnight often have problems managing their new lifestyle.
    17. What would you say was your main goal in life at the moment?
  • I'd say my main goal in life at the moment was to travel abroad.

  • ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
    ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
    にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

    0 件のコメント :