火曜日, 6月 11, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 8 Lesson 115 pages 625-626

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語SENTENCE STRUCTURES:
  1. No, when we have a preposition at the beginning of a relative clause,we cannot follow the preposition with 'who"; we must use "whom".
  2. We need to contact the customer from whom she took the payment
  3. Yes, I know nationality of all the students with whom I'm studying at the moment
  4. In normal spoken English, instead of "We need to contact the customer from whom she took the payment we say "We need to contact the customer who she took the payment from.
  5. We use the word "whose" at the beginning of a relative clause instead of using a possessive adjective like "my", "your", "his" etc.
  6. No, I don't know the people whose house is next to me.
  7. The police use dogs when they are searching for a criminal because dogs have an excellent sense of smell.

VOCABULARY WORDS:
  • WHOSE
  • SEARCH 

GRAMMAR:
*In very formal English, we sometimes have a preposition at the beginning of a relative clause and in this case we cannot follow the preposition with the word 'who'; we must use "whom" instead.
For example, "She is the lady with whom I had a conversation", or "The manager to whom I sent the document has not replied". (Remember, however that in normal spoken English we put the preposition at the end, and say "She's the lady who I had a conversation with". or "The manager who I sent the document to hasn't replied".)

*We use the word "whose" at the beginning of a relative clause instead of using a possessive adjective like my", "your'. "his" etc.
For example, instead of saying "I have a dog. That tail is long". we can say "I have a dog whose tail is long".
Instead of saying "Yesterday I visited Mr Jones. I work with his sister". we can say "Yesterday I visited Mr Jones. whose sister I work with".
レッスンで利用した教材Callan book
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数pages 625-626

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :