金曜日, 6月 14, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 8 Lesson 116 on pages 630-632

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
-transitive 他動詞
-intransitive 自動詞
-respect
-scorn  軽蔑
-worthy
-term
-worship 崇拝
-cattle
-cowboy

GRAMMAR:
Transitive and intransitive verbs:
1. The difference between a transitive verb and an intransitive verb is that a transitive verb has an object, whereas an intransitive verb does not have an object.
2. The verb 'to raise" is transitive; that is, it has an object. For example, "I (subject) am raising (verb) the book (object)".
3. The verb "to rise", however, is intransitive, which means that it does not have an object. For example, "The book (subject) is rising (verb)".
4. Note that the object of a transitive verb is not always stated. or example, in the sentence "He ate quickly", the object of the verb is obviously the food that he ate. although this is not stated.

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
-I think children are more expensive to raise than racehorses.
-If I were a great person, the kind of monument I'd like the public to raise in my honour after I was dead would be a statue of myself.
-The difference between a transitive verb and an intransitive verb is that a transitive verb has an object, whereas an intransitive verb does not have an object.
-The difference between the verbs "to raise" and "to rise" is that "to raise" is transitive, whereas "to rise" is intransitive.
-I have a book.
-I'm eating my dinner.
-I want to drink coffee.
-I'm walking.
-I want to sleep.
-Birds can fly.
-No, the object of a transitive verb isn't always stated.
-He drank too much.
-I think it's more important for managers to have the respect of employees than to be liked by employees.
-Scorn is a feeling that somebody or something is not worthy of our respect.
-Children are in the first term at the moment.
-People go to worship in a church, mosque, synagogue, temple etc.
-A cowboy keeps his cattle together by constantly riding around them on a horse or motorbike.
レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 8
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数630-632

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :