木曜日, 8月 15, 2013

Callan New Edition Stage 9 Lesson 131 on pages 727-728

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
-sweat
-nervous
-underneath
-unlike
-wander
-distinguish
-a while

GRAMMAR AND EXPLANATION:
The difference between "under" and "underneath" is the same as that between "after" and "afterwards". "Underneath" means "under that" or "under it", and, unlike the word "under", it does not usually need to be followed by any other words. For example, instead of saying "I knelt down by the car and looked under it", we can say "I knelt down by the car and looked underneath".

IDIOM 32:
get you down = make you tired and unhappy
e.g. This horrible weather we're having is beginning to get me down.
e.g. He had to stop work because the problems and difficulties of the job got him down after a time.

SENTENCE STRUCTURED:
-I felt so excited when I watched the movie.
-My wife watched another movie, it's a Japanese animation movie.
-The title of the movie is Kaze tachinu.
-I've already watched the movie with her, but then she wanted to watch the movie again.
-People sweat when they do exercise, when they are nervous, and when the weather is hot.
-Yes, I get very nervous before exams.
-The difference between "under" and "underneath" is the same as that between "after" and "afterwards". "Underneath" means "under that" or "under it", and, unlike the word "under", it does not usually need to be followed by any other words.
-I dropped my spoon under the table, so I looked under it.
-I dropped my spoon under the table, so I looked underneath.
-No, I can't distinguish the difference in pronunciation between the words "wander" and "wonder".
-The word "wander" means to walk around without any particular purpose or direction.
-When I have time, I wander around my city.
-The word "wonder" means to ask yourself questions.
-I wonder if you can help me.
-The idiom "get you down" means "make you tired and unhappy".
-The trouble got me down.
レッスンで利用した教材Callan New Edition Stage 9
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数727-728

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :