水曜日, 12月 19, 2012

Callan Stage 4 Lesson 58 on pages 321-324

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
-probability, probably, construction, subjunctive, police station, letter 

GRAMMAR:
*OPEN CONDITIONAL*
*IF + PRESENT + FUTURE = PROBABILITY
*IF I GO TO LONDON, I WILL SEE THE THAMES
-This sentence expresses a probability. It means that I probably have the intention of going to London, and, if I do, I will see the Thames. The construction of this sentence is If + Present + Future. 

*SUBJUNCTIVE*
*IF + PAST (subjunctive) + CONDITIONAL = SUPPOSITION
*IF I WENT TO LONDON, I WOULD SEE THE THAMES
-This sentence expresses a supposition. It does not mean that I have the intention of going to London, it only means "IF ... ". 

SENTENCE STRUCTURE:
-We form the Conditional Tense in the same way as the Future, except that instead of using "shall" and "will", we use "should" and "would".
-The Conditional of the verb "to hold" is "I should hold, you would hold, he would hold, she would hold, it would hold, you would hold, we should hold.
-In English, we have no separate tense for the Subjunctive (except for the verb "to be"), and so we use the Past Simple Tense instead, and say "If I went, If I took, If I met etc.".
レッスンで利用した教材Callan Stage 4
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数321-324

conditional tense 仮定法
I should/would, you should/would, etc.
wouldのほうが好まれる。
疑問文も Would I, Would you, Would we
future tenseの時の疑問文は、Will I/Will weは使わないということだった。代わりにShould I/Should we


IF YOU COME HERE NEXT SUNDAY, WILL YOU FIND THE SCHOOL CLOSED ?
IF YOU CAME HERE NEXT SUNDAY, WOULD YOU FIND THE SCHOOL CLOSED ?
The first sentence means that perhaps I have the intention of coming to the school next Sunday and it express probability whilst the second sentence I have no intention of coming to school next Sunday and it expresses only a supposition.

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :