金曜日, 12月 28, 2012

Callan Stage 5 Lesson 61 on pages 351-353

レッスンで出てきた文法・単語VOCABULARY:
-king, win, football pools, lottery, useful, useless, possess

GRAMMAR:
*SUBJUNCTIVE OF THE VERB "TO BE"*
-The verb "to be" has two subjunctives. We can either use the Past Simple Tense, and say "If I was: if you were: if he was: if we were: if you were: if they were" or we can use "were" for all persons and say "If I were: if you were: if he were etc.". The second form is perhaps more common.

SENTENCE STRUCTURE:
-I will go to my hometown on December 31 to celebrate New Year together with my family.
-I'm so happy today because it's the last day for me to work and I can enjoy my New Year holidays.
-The two subjunctives of the verb "to be" are "If I was" and "If I were".
-The second form of these two subjunctives "If I were" is perhaps more common.
-If I were a millionaire, I would live in Hawaii.
-Because I've been to Hawaii once and the place is so very beautiful, calm and peaceful.
-If you were me, you would speak Japanese.
-If I were a king, my wife would be called a queen.
-No, if there weren't a light in this room, we wouldn't be able to see well when it got dark, but we would see badly.
-Yes, if there weren't any food in the world, we would all die.
-If I weren't me, I would like to be Dustin Hoffman.
-Because I like the way he acts.
-Another opposite of the word "lose" besides the word "find" is the word "win".
-No, my town doesn't usually win at football game.
-No, I don't do the football pools.
-Yes, I do lottery.
-When people win a lot of money, they generally stop working, buy a large house and buy a very expensive car.
-No, this pen isn't useless, but it's useful.
-We throw useless things away.
レッスンで利用した教材Callan Stage 5
レッスンで利用した教材のページ数351-353

subjunctive 仮定法

ブログランキングに参加しています。記事が気に入ったら、是非クリックしてください。
ブログを続ける原動力となります。どうか今日も応援クリックをよろしくお願いします。
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語学習法へ

0 件のコメント :